Monday, September 13, 2010

Installing Java3D


I went to the link and downloaded Java3D. Once it was downloaded I found the directory where it downloaded to and I realized I already had it from before (probably when I was looking at Java Monkey Engine). First thing I did was open up Eclipse and copy and paste the HelloUniverse.java code into the IDE.

As expected it showed an error, something about permissions on the Java3d Jar file. Okay, lets read the instructions. The Instructions tell me just to run:
> javac HelloUniverse.java

Okay, this works now:

> java HelloUnivese

Okay, looks good. Nice spinning cube. Now why isn't Eclipse working with Java3d? I check the build path and it can see Java3D no problem.

Looked it up online, most people said to manually add the jar file to the project, which I did. I then moved them above the standard library and it worked just fine. Spinning cube in Eclipse as well.

1 comment:

  1. I'm wrestling with Eclipse right now.
    Looks like your are good to go.

    ReplyDelete